Coaching & Training
Sarah is a Level 4 accredited British Showjumping Coach, Coach Educator and Para Showjumping Coach, who was awarded British Showjumping Coach of the Year in 2015. She is currently working towards completing her Masters degree in coaching and has recently been selected onto an Applied Psychology in Equestrian Coaching course, as well as having been chosen to attend the inaugural National Development Programme for Coaching Excellence in 2016.
She is Lead Coach for the Durham British Showjumping Academies and has also attained her BHS Intermediate Stable Manager’s qualification.
Having taken up riding at the age of eight, she was a member of the Hull University Riding Team whilst studying there and subsequently gained British Horse Society qualifications in 1999 and 2000 before moving to Germany, where she worked as an instructor and undertook further training on a German yard.
On returning to the UK, she worked for a time as an instructor at the Yorkshire Riding Centre, operated by Christopher Bartle and Jane Bartle-Wilson, before becoming a freelance coach and undertaking British Showjumping qualifications.
Sarah’s coaching philosophy is centred around helping riders and their horses to be the best they can be – whatever the type or personality of the horse and whatever level the rider seeks to attain, she is committed to helping achieve those goals.
She has worked with riders to progress them from jumping unaffiliated tracks to competing at Foxhunter level and above, as well as working with riders with physical or learning disabilities and riders seeking to enjoy lower level showjumping who struggle with competition nerves.
In addition to private and group lessons, Sarah will be offering regular two day training camps from March 2019 and is also available for clinics off-site.
Forthcoming Clinic Dates
- 12 January - Fox Folly Farm Clinic - contact Louise Baines 07977 571573
- 14 January - daytime lessons at Marwood Arena - contact Sarah 07886 485201
- 15 January - Washington Riding Centre - contact Jane Cherry 07961 523129
- 16/17 January - various lesson times available at Marwood Arena - contact Sarah 07886 485201
- 18 January - Durham British Showjumping Academy
- 20 January - lessons available at Marwood Arena 10.00am - 4.00pm - contact Sarah 07886 485201
- 23 January - daytime lessons available at Marwood Arena - contact Sarah 07886 485201
- 25 January - daytime lessons available at Marwood Arena - contact Sarah 07886 485201
- 28 January - SHOWJUMPING CLINIC DAY - semi private lessons £20 per person - contact Sarah 07886 485201
- 29 January - Washington Riding Centre - contact Jane Cherry 07961 523129
- 29 January - evening lessons available at Marwood Arena - contact Sarah 07886 485201
- 30 January - evening lessons available at Marwood Arena - contact Sarah 07886 485201
- 31 January - lessons available daytime and evening at Marwood Arena - contact Sarah 07886 485201